Get over this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv37JEeJ2as&ab_channel=TheSpiffingBrit

Philip Parker
Not sure if you are aware of the Jump + Fast Travel exploit? You cast the jump spell on your main character, and have them Jump to some place you couldn't normally reach. Normally your party would now be separated and would be very sad. However; you can open up the map, go to camp, and then leave the camp immediately, and for some reason your entire party will be spawned right next to your main character. It's a cheesy way to move your entire party anywhere in the map they normally couldn't reach.

Alison Albright
The stealth issues are actually a rules mistake on the part of Larian Studios. In D&D 5e, you cannot "Hide", "Dash", and "Attack" in the same round! In fact, you can only do one of the three, since they all require 1 "Standard Action", of which you have only one. 1 "Standard Action" per turn + 1 "Bonus Action" per turn +1 "Reaction" per turn + unlimited "Free Actions" per turn, and you can move up to your movement speed per turn before, during, and after expending the rest of the other action types.

"Standard Actions" include (but are not limited to): "Attack", "Dash", "Hide", "Help", "Disengage", "Investigate", and so on...
"Bonus Actions" are less common, but in general some class-related abilities as well as certain spells require "1 Bonus Action" to use. A Barbarian going into a Rage is an example of this, only 1 "Bonus Action" to use.
"Reactions" are pretty straightforward. Some classes and spells allow you to react by using them as a "Reaction" instead of a "Standard Action". In addition, you can use your "Standard Action" to prepare a "Reaction" to something the enemy might do. For example, preparing to dodge a flurry of arrows or sidestep a charging minotaur could be "Prepared Reactions".
"Free Actions" are things that take practically no time to accomplish, and can thus be treated as such from a gameplay standpoint. Things like drawing/sheathing your sword, or shouting a few words in the middle of a fight would fall into this category.

It seems to me like Larian Studios has classified the Hide Action and the Dash Action as "Free Actions", when in fact they are not.

Chris Toole
Are we sure Hodd Toward didn't make this game? It just works.

Paul Hawke
You can actually exploit stealth by engaging in combat with one character and doing KO attacks on enemies with another. As long as you don't actually fully KO the enemy, combat won't trigger.

Luke R
For those asking about infinite money:
It's pretty easy. Get shadow heart to 3 for pass without a trace, have Gale hit lvl 3 and pick up invisibility. Cast invis on your stealer, have Shadowheart cast pass without a trace and be near your stealer, enter turn based mode on your stealer, go up to merchant, pick pocket. With both of those spells up most items will have pickpocket dc of 0 or 1. Steal everything to your hearts content. (Be careful of the Tiefling blacksmith in the druid camp, he's a bit bugged right now and will auto aggro even if he doesn't catch you.) Once the trader is bone dry, take a long rest, this will restock their inventory, rinse and repeat.

Cody Yetze
The best stealth strat: Drop down a Fog Cloud or Darkness spell, heavily obscuring a large area. Your entire party can hide in the area, pop out to shoot someone, and hide again. Never lose a fight again!

The Potato
Larian studios: How'd you like to be an unpaid bug tester+advertiser... i mean, receive a free game?
Spiff: lmao. what are they thinking?

Yont EvenKnow
Oh look, poorly implemented stealth in a Larian game. Cant wait to have an entire town go hostile after misclicking on scenery.

yazuriha
I do hope they give some brains to the enemy. It's just too easy to kill everyone in the goblin keep/camp using highround and stealth. Just lob some smokepowder barrels and light it all up with some fire. Most of them just stand there shouting at you, totally puzzled. They should be running for the ladders (if you left those undestroyed)...but no. It's kinda funny though.

killereye
"...I hide and end my turn, and the AI does nothing..."
And this is how you f**k up the gameplay of Baldur's Gate, dear developers. You have copy/pasted Divinity gameplay onto B.G. making the same mistake as Bethesda did when they bought Fallout: You can only make one type of game. Sad thing.
On the other hand, nice exploits, TSB! Keep up the good work!

FrozenTub3
Tbh I am very disappointed with the game, I felt like playing DoS in Forgotten realms setting not playing a DnD game with some cool dos mechanics. I know it's early access but this to me is the biggest video game disappointments since diablo 3 vanila. Also for a big publisher the state of the early access is horrendous (I played quite a lot of early access games)

Papi John
Theres a bug with haste spores which you can really only use in the underdark with glut where you can run through the haste spores, attack, and run right back in to refresh your actions. I cant imagine why you would abuse it though...

Kilivin
As much as I love D&D and DOS... D&D =/= BG3 as much as they are trying to mirror one to the other, they're too invested in their DOS mechanics to do a proper job of it.
Example, you cannot stealth as a bonus action unless you're a rogue, but everyone in BG3 can stealth as a bonus action. You cannot "Summon" a pet as a ranger, you have a pet as an added character to your party. Firebolt doesn't set stuff worn or carried on fire, but in BG3 it does. The list goes on and on. Most of the exploits the game has is because they strayed from D&D's core mechanics in favor of more DOS style mechanics. Don't even get me started with stealth and enemies having "Limited vision cones" making no sense whatsoever. Stuff that blocks LOS breaks a cone that ought to be infinite upwards of what that creature has vision towards. Having a "Limited range" of vision so that you can stealth by something so long as you're far enough away from it yet in plain sight is sooooooooooooooo gamey.

Laszlo Ivanyi
Hey so that's what it was. I also did a big fight where everyone was standing. I didn't do any hide and seek, but they might have been focusing on a character that started that way. But after 2 days, I concluded this is not baldurs gate, this is Divinity 3. I couldn't see a single thing in it that would remind me of BG2.. good game regardless, just not baldurs gate.

Liquidated
You never really mentioned why the ranger is so broken at level 3. =)
This game is a riot, so large and destructible.

MorpH2k
Expecting people to pay 50€ for a buggy early access games is insane, and this video shows exactly why. smirk If they want free bug testing the least they could do is discount the price a little bit. I used to like early access, at least as a concept, but it's gotten completely out of hand.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 20/10/20 11:01 PM.