Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23
old hand
old hand
Currently I'm a bit into guns, so Fallout 4, heavily modded, btw the game I played the most of all. I'm pondering wether I should buy and try Colony Ship or not. If my interest turns back to the more primitive past, I'll switch to Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord, heavily modded.

old hand
old hand
Currently Megaman Battle Network collection while waiting for the final Solasta DLC. These games have a premise and combat system that's still entirely unique among the entire gaming industry, but holy hell I forgot how WTF-tier the writing was. It's either hilariously stupid or unintentionally brilliant commentary about what will probably happen if the world it depicts becomes reality.

journeyman
journeyman
Pathfinder, Wrath Of The Righteous here.... On my 3rd attempt at this I think I might have finally figured out Chapter 4....

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Finished Wasteland 3 (meh)
What didn't you like about Wasteland 3? I didn't really like it either, it just felt kind of mediocre.
I have been asking myself that very question through my entire playthrough, and I still don't have a 100% solid answer.

Do you have anything specific that made you not like W3 much?

A lot of it was the stuff you mentioned. it just wasn't that fun overall - but it SHOULD have been.

Also I kind of hate InExile and Brian Fargo for what happened with Torment: Tides of Numenera. That entire project was a shitshow that just dragged everyone down with it.

They never fulfilled their backer promises either.

Blackheifer
apprentice
apprentice
Divine Divinity.

First, thanks for the new thread. Great idea, love the topics.

Currently playing The Forest. 50 days in, and now it's gotten a little tedious. I've been enjoying it, but there's no direction, and I don't want to look online for it. I'm feeling that if Timmy has been with the cannibals for over a month and a half...
I like the openness to do what I want, I like the stress popping up during times of relative peace, but not being able to examine things better, or find clues that seem to mean anything, makes it a bit boring.

veteran
veteran
Back on Fallout 4, playing a modded play-through that adds a bunch of quest mods. Bethesda game are like comfort food on a rainy day for me, very relaxing, time disappears, even when I'm not progressing the main story, I don't care, I just play.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I have been playing the shit out of a game called Control. Apparently it was GOTY in 2018 and they have 2 DLC's out for it. Just blown away by how good every aspect of this game is, from the cinematics to the voice acting to the actual gameplay.

It took me a second to understand that gaining ability points didn't really have anything to do with how many Hiss (the evil resonance invading the Federal Bureau of Control) you killed but rather Missions completed and Hidden Areas discovered, but everything else about the game just kills it.

Like if Fringe was a video game set inside a massive bureau that deals with Paranormal craziness. The case files and the behavior of altered items just keeps you moving through the story.

I found myself once asking the question "Ok, what kind of shit is this Altered Rubber Duck going to try?"

It seems to exist in the same world as Alan Wake, which I have not played.

Really just blown away by this masterpiece. I am sure most of you have played this already.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Blackheifer; 20/04/23 05:48 PM.

Blackheifer
D
addict
addict
D
I have been playing the shit out of a game called Control. Apparently it was GOTY in 2018 and they have 2 DLC's out for it. Just blown away by how good every aspect of this game is, from the cinematics to the voice acting to the actual gameplay.

I've been tempted by Control for many of the reasons that you list, and I actually bought it (without installing) a year ago. However, I've heard that it has "dynamic difficulty scaling" which is a thing that I utterly loathe as a matter of principle, and I have not had time to dive in and explore this. Have you observed this in your play through?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by dwig

I've been tempted by Control for many of the reasons that you list, and I actually bought it (without installing) a year ago. However, I've heard that it has "dynamic difficulty scaling" which is a thing that I utterly loathe as a matter of principle, and I have not had time to dive in and explore this. Have you observed this in your play through?

I am not a fan of DDS either but in this case I barely noticed it. You become so insanely powerful with your abilities that if they didn't scale the health/damage of the enemy you would just steamroll everything - which would kill the end game/after end game play. However you can adjust the difficulty in other ways to make things easier.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I played with all this off and I did occasionally get my ass handed to me - but that wasn't random encounters but specific scenarios that I had to figure out good tactics for.

One thing, don't waste points in either Melee or Ground Slam. Go Right down that Launch ability path and grab everything, along with Health and Energy, Levitate, and then Shield/ Shield Burst and Charge. Seize can be fun if you have extra points after that. Launch is amazing fun though.

Also the DLC adds the ability to Charge with your Shields up like the Vanguard ability in Mass Effect 2.

Blackheifer
enthusiast
enthusiast
Control was a great game!

I played a couple of Indies recently. Finally played Stray which I thoroughly enjoyed. And Witchwood which was cute and fun.

Tried to play DoS2 again but quit it at about the same point as last time because I really hate all the surfaces in the battles.

Then randomly fired up DAO again after not playing it since 2013. Took 2 days to find, edit, and load all my favorite mods! But it is nice to sink back into the lore and fun tactics for a while. Nothing as satisfying as having Wynne turn an ogre to stone, then having Sten smash him with a great sword, so that Zevran can run up his body and slow mo sink twin daggers into his chest. Never gets old! Lol

veteran
veteran
I have been playing the shit out of a game called Control.
Ah yes. I liked this one. Good to see Remedy being back in peak form.

Probably my only complain would be goot ("garbage+loot" as coined by Monty Zander), otherwise an atmospheric adventure.

Jesse is dynamite.

Edit. Alan Wake is... unique. I really liked the concept, but found the actual game rather dull. It still stands out as a quite unique title, though. I am looking forward to seeing what Remedy does with the sequel. It's been long time coming.

Last edited by Wormerine; 20/04/23 09:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
I liked Control a lot as well! I wasn’t very good at it (and I don’t think they had Assist Mode when I played it) but still had a lot of fun. I think they are working on a sequel, which I am looking forward to!
Jesse is dynamite.
😂😂😂

Originally Posted by timebean
I played a couple of Indies recently. Finally played Stray which I thoroughly enjoyed.
I have been meaning to play that! That will be next on my list!🐈

Last edited by Icelyn; 20/04/23 10:23 PM.
veteran
veteran
Control was way harder than I was expecting, I'll admit, I got very frustrated and tried to turn on the assist mode. Then the 'you're bad for playing this mode' pop-ups (exaggerating) made me feel bad lol, and I stopped playing.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
Control was way harder than I was expecting,
Throw is the answer to everything. Now that I mention this, I did have some issues with combat - for all the skills and weapons the game provides only few are truly useful. Enemy variety could have been much better as well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I like to play kenshi, vampire survivor, and the black grimoire : cursebreaker

Kenshi is fun to squal build level make towns/bases and just make up your own story

Vampire survivors when i wanna just mass kill monsters and level skills

Cursebreaker new early access game, a little like runescape , just testing the waters seems promising

veteran
Online Content
veteran
I'm having another go at Battle Brothers, which is one of the best things since sliced bread.

Just kidding. Never gave a damn about sliced bread. Not even sure why that's a saying.

Last edited by Tuco; 21/04/23 11:17 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
I'm having another go at Battle Brothers, which is one of the best things since sliced bread.
I need to give it a go. Bought it when Josh Sawyer was gushing about it, but I am yet to launch it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm having another go at Battle Brothers
That reminds me. Has anyone played WarTales after the release? About a year ago I've read some rather conflicting reviews of their EA on Steam, and was wondering if the game is any good.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by RutgerF
I'm having another go at Battle Brothers
That reminds me. Has anyone played WarTales after the release? About a year ago I've read some rather conflicting reviews of their EA on Steam, and was wondering if the game is any good.
Well, I tried an EARLY demo and I was genuinely unimpressed with it, but I heard it improved a lot now, so I'm on the fence on giving it a second chance.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard