Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
I've murderised him several different ways. The traditional way, shoving them into the nearby pit, exploding them with barrels and a very long distance shot, and the classing 'beat the snot out of him while he's magically held'. All three times with no witnesses (I blew up the audience with some of those aforementioned barrels), and unlike Minthara the goblins turn hostile when they die. Hell, I botched the barrel blasting with Minthara and despite surviving she's still remained friendly so long as she didn't see where the burning arrow came from.

I assume it's hard coded to set the goblins to hostile when the bugbear dies, which is very annoying when no-one should even be aware he's dead, much less who did it. Assuming I didn't miss an in game explanation.

It might be because he is in a main room of a sort. The others can be taken care of in out of the way locations.

Originally Posted by Duriel15

But you need to down Gut fast or she alerts the entire temple as others have noted. Kind of annoying. Go to all the effort of getting her alone, close the door, and still end up fighting the entire temple if you can't DPS or control her down fast enough. She also alerts the nearby Zhent agents.

That almost sounds like a bug or maybe each time I did this was bugged. I always fight her in the back room, she has only ever alerted the ones outside.