Putting it down if its frustrating to you or you dont like it for some reason can be the best thing to do in that scenario imo. That said dnd is turn based and Larian already said this game would be to. I understand the comment about the fights completly though. Its frustrating in several ways. Some of which can be easily fixed and some not so.

Compared to some baldurs gate fights though the levels of silly are only really that off the chart in the underdark or with the lvl 5 Gith party imo. Spellcasters in baldurs gate were insanely powerfull as well if they had the jump on you. Some of the early game encounters had spellcasters that could wipe out entire parties if you dident manage to stop their spells from going off. Some spells like hold person could hit multiple people, seeing lightning bolt at lvl2? Why not! All the fights in bg3 can be won but the monsters in the underdark reach about the same levels of silly if you meet them unprepared.

Its one of the biggest issues that I have with the game honestly and something that I feel they MUST adress if they want the game to be playable by all.