For a game made with only 17 developers, I think it is an AWESOME product. It had a small budget, does some things very very right and on the whole is a very good game.

That said, It does not hold my interest like BG3 does. The game suffers from the lack of budget and developer pool. BG3 is much prettier, better graphics all around. Better Voice acting. Character creation/ customization is better, etc. The story also grabs me more with BG3 than It has so far with Solasta. That is not to say I regret buying it or will not play it more.

I view the two games as two separate dishes. Solasta is like home made ground beef tacos, it does the job, is tasty and filling.
BG3 is like Tacos from Old Town In San Diego that I used to love so much (when I lived there), fresh corn tortillas, wonderful fillings, fresh tasty guacamole and salsa - totally awesome and should be a food group unto themselves.

The two are different and similar. I need them both in my life.

Heck the multiplayer game should have a form of dice roll like SWTOR for who gets to talk in a conversation. There are things to learn from in a lot of games.

That said a message to Larian . . . AFTER this is done . . . SPELLJAMMER or PLANESCAPE.

Just saying. smile