Originally Posted by Sadurian
Originally Posted by Baraz
And the proverbial Constitution roll ...

( For those new at D&D : it is a classical for DMs to ask the character(s) to do a Constitution roll to determine how long they can last in sexual activity before falling asleep or other more shallow notions. It is dumb and more common for younger DMs. :P)

Don't forget to roll for disease and for players of female characters to roll for pregnancy.

Gods, there were some terrible terrible GMs back in the day. there probably still are, come to that, but I doubt many descend to the crass and immature level that we saw in the early days. Of course, all this was accompanied by calls of, "why don't we see more girls playing?".

No, to be more accurate it would have been, "why don't we see more chicks playing."

Errr, I dunno about other 'chicks' experiences in the 'early' days of D&D, but I've been exposed to it when I was hella young, and all I could do was watch my cousin and his friends play it, asked them many times if I could join and all I got for an answer was:

1) 'We don't play with girls.'

2) 'It's only boys game, your brain can't comprehend it.'

So all I was doing was watching them play and reading the player handbook and imagining what class/race I'd pick if I was ever allowed to join them (what obviously never happened).

So... yes, you can still wonder why more chicks don't play it. wink