Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by Azarielle
Since a lot of old fans Will probably want to reserve a spot for Minsc, that means you can take 2 of current NPCs out of Act1 - now choose which 2 are you taking?

It's rumored, and possibly confirmed by peeking through game files, that there will be four more companions to choose from. A total of eight before the Act 1 lock.

Assuming Minsc is one of them, there will be three more we haven't seen. Or maybe we've already seen them as NPCs in Act 1, like the ranger Karlach and druid Halsin.

Last edited by Frumpkis; 24/10/20 07:51 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Frumpkis
Since a lot of old fans Will probably want to reserve a spot for Minsc, that means you can take 2 of current NPCs out of Act1 - now choose which 2 are you taking?

It's rumored, and possibly confirmed by peeking through game files, that there will be four more companions to choose from. A total of eight before the Act 1 lock.

Assuming Minsc is one of them, there will be three more we haven't seen. Or maybe we've already seen them as NPCs in Act 1, like the ranger Karlach and druid Halsin.

Are they confirmed before the end of Act I, or just confirmed? There's a difference, a world of difference.

addict
addict
Personally I'm fine with it.

I absolutely loathe needing X in my party for a quest, and there's no option to not pick up the damn thing without a ! haunting me. I avoid rescuing Lae because I hate her as it is.

I use Shadowheart, Gale, Astarion in my party. Wyll getting pissy if I don't take him to kill goblins. It's annoying. Reeeeeally annoying.

I can't have a quest in my log uncompleted. Just like I have to be a murderhobo. XP. Must do everything for XP. Argh.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Well obviously we should be able to handle the party in a similar way to the BG series. I mean, come on, it's Baldur's Gate!

Six person party size is absolutely a must and would solve many issues with forcing to have certain characters due to class/abilities. I'd rather wait much longer to have the game with this, than releasing the game earlier with the DOS party setup.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Originally Posted by Frumpkis

Are they confirmed before the end of Act I, or just confirmed? There's a difference, a world of difference.

The files for them are similar to the other origins characters, so before the end of Act 1. At least, the 3 people usually mentioned are apparently origins. Except, I'm pretty sure one of them isn't an origin, so what the files looks like might mean nothing...

As for getting companions post Act 1, I doubt it based on their technical design reason (not story reason) for the locking the party to start with. We will get temporary companions for certain quest I'm sure, we already have a few in the EA.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard