Originally Posted by Azarielle
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Originally Posted by marajango
I'm not a fan of a potential character lock, and it's not fearmongering, it's what Larian has hinted at, so let's have a discussion about it.

I don't really see any upsides in having a character lock after Act 1, neither story- nor gameplay-wise. You just lock yourself out of potentially interesting content and learning more about a party member you maybe initially didn't even like. You could bring the argument that you could just start another playthrough and pick someone else but that wouldn't really be a compelling argument why the character lock is justified to begin with.

Oh did they say that? Care to share a link because I dont believe the narrative beeing spun right now without some proof.

From FAQ:

Is your party permanent or can you change members out throughout the adventure?
Recruited companions will be at camp when not in the adventuring party, and can be swapped in and out at camp. After the first act however you are going to have to commit, also just like in real life.

I can hardly interpret that differently than putting party lock in place.

I also share the opinion od many here, that commiting to 3 NPCs out of at least 8 in a let's say 100 hours long campaign is too much to ask for.

Since a lot of old fans Will probably want to reserve a spot for Minsc, that means you can take 2 of current NPCs out of Act1 - now choose which 2 are you taking?

Ok, so that says "At the end of Act I", not a fan, btw. What it does not say is that there won't be any more comps added after Act I. It doesn't say it will have them either, but w/out that, and given the scope of the game, and the rumor mill running wild, I'm not sure I'd bet against there being comps coming later.