when it comes down to it, Solasta apparently has a 6 month early access planned and probably 1/10th the size team working on it. BG3 has a 1 year early access planned and as noted, a significantly larger team

This means that whilst, right now Solasta feels significantly better to play in terms of exploration, travel, combat and world interaction, Larian has the power to massively improve BG3 during its early access, whereas Tactical Adventures will be much harder pressed to make meaningful changes to their engine or game.Solasta will likely not meaningfully change in terms of visuals or mechanics between now and released I'd guess (6 months in dev time really isn't all that long, the project I've been working on has been going for about 18 months at this point and whilst its business software because I'm not lucky enough to work in the games industry, I know the turnaround for even small changes when you include QA time etc is quite large).

IMO, Tactical Adventures seem to have focused on what was important to their vision first, i.e. they've ensured they've got a pretty excellent functional D&D 5e SRD game (the SRD part is important, because they dont have rights to use the majority of D&D content), visuals aren't as good and I don't expect that to change between now and release, balance of a lot of their custom stuff needs some work, but I expect that will change as it gets closer to release. The key thing is, their early access time can focus on adding story content and fixing bugs. Both games have their share of bugs right now.

I'm currently more looking forward to playing Solasta in its final form, but I'm more looking forward to experiencing BG3 in its.