Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Abits
Anyway, one thing we can say for sure is that even at this stage the game has some mod support. you have a modsetting file in your documents folder, and it doesn't really work well right now but it exists. It could be just a leftover from Dos, but could also mean Larian fully intend on supporting mods somewhere down the line

They have stated that modding will be available once we see the full release; though there are few more details than that at present.

A certain amount of modding does work now and updates to stats, model-swapping and other stuff can be implemented as loose files in the installation folder, though it seems that not everything works consistently (or indeed at all) so it's all a bit "on your own head be it" at the moment. And as others have said, it's probably best to turn off feedback especially if some really game-changing alterations have been made.

yeah, this is my experience as well. it's not the most complicated game to mod I ever played, but the experience is not as easy as it is in DOS2 for example.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."