Originally Posted by Emulate
One thing is forsure BG3 clearly need a lot more or a lot less of DND because its current implementation doesn't translate to a video game at all... I think it needs less DND personally.

I actually agree here. If theyd just said they were using the forgotten realms setting and borrowing some ideas. I think it would have gone down better. But what they did was say it was a game using the d&d 5e rules and then changed a bunch of them, the only proviso before early access was that some things changed because they had to. So far, clearly most of the changes didnt "have to" be made. Because solasta doesnt make them and some people are already slowly modding them out. The people at solasta also have blog posts explaining why they diverged, which is far better tbh, even if I dont agree with their lighting changes, I can accept their reasoning for it.

Had they just said "here is a game in the forgotten realms" it would likely have gone down better. So yeah, I agree, they should either go properly d&d or they should just make it clear it isnt a d&d game really.