Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
And kagha mentions an under elf as a gift in the grove. She's def not on the right side of things, speaking of normal reactions.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Azarielle
I for one think it's handled quite well at the moment:
- those two guarding La'Zel basically shit themselves upon encountering an "underelf"
- upon entering druid grove Zevlor specifically mentions they were taught to fear the drow, but that you've earned your place here and he's gonna update everyone on it, so that explains why they're mostly accepting. Still someone definitely mentions being
surprised about you not walking around in disguise
- Burning inn - well they have a certain emergency going on so it kinda makes sense to accept help wherever it might come from and you're not accompanied by goblins so...
- as for Goblins you're a drow and True Soul so I don't think that even warrants further debate - worth mentioning Drow disguise works here as well (either on PC or any of the companions)
- Zhentarim - as evidenced by Roah they're currently working with goblins and the drow sooo
- Halsin actually expresses some sort of disdain and you can even confront him on it

So to drow a line (couldn't resist) I expect some problems later on, maybe even an obligatory disguise for some places but so far in-game reactions to PC being drow make sense.

I think it all makes sense except for burning inn. I mean, their dude was captured by drow. And they have no reaction at all to a drow showing up... And even in normal circumstances they should probably turn hostile on drow. I don't think the reputation of the drow from the flaming fist has changed in the last 100 years.

At the very least you should have to do a very difficult persuasion check to convince them you're actually drizzt or something.

Last edited by dza101; 27/10/20 12:47 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
The underdark is the most hostile environement imaginable and contains every big bad from mindflayers, beholders and even dark gods like Lolth. If there was a fluffy bunny in the underdark it would monty python your aas before laying eggs in your dying body with the added bonus the eggs will keep you alive and in perpetual torment for a millennia.

The Drow call this place home sweet home. They see in the pitch darkness like a humans do in the midday sun. When the Drow come to the surface they attack in the dead of night where all you would hear is screams and torment from the pitch of night before a deathly silence. The lucky ones will have died, the unlucky ones will be dragged to the underdark to be sold as slaves or thrown in pits of spiders to be torn apart for the entertainment of the masses. These villages and towns would be found afterwards with the odd villager in acute mental trauma after seeing the mutillated bits and pieces of friends and family and whos only memory is of the screams of loved ones being hacked to pieces.

The Drow are cruel without purpose, without mercy or conscience and only live to please their respective god. The red eyes of the Drow is a blessing of Lolith to inspire fear in all races they encounter, it is their raison d'être. The Drow are at constant war with themselves and only the most ruthless survive to adulthood. Nothing good EVER follows the Drow, if someone is lucky/unlucky enough to actually see a Drow they dont hang about to find out what mood it's in. That goes for most of the "civilised" races in D&D.

So if someone sees a high elf they say hey dude hows it going? If someone sees a Drow they don't say anything, the only evidence someone was in the area would be brown stinky footprint heading literally anywhere else.

I hope this goes some way to explain the dialogue choices.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard