Originally Posted by Maximuuus

I don't understand why they didn't do something like that...
Their maps are totally inconsistent, as many things in the game.
The solution was easy and we could really have the feeling of a journey.

I agree, but I expect this to probably be a very controversial idea. It is why DOS:1 and DOS:2 have zero immersion for me, compared to BG:2 or DA:O, because the maps feel like a theme park of random set pieces of fantasy cliches, only set-up for a specific battle or riddle. Like "so here is a dragon, 10 steps behind it is a graveyard with a lich, 5 steps behind that a cave with a shadow druid...". BG:3 is less bad, but still bad. Many players don't seem to be bothered by this, and it is deeply ingrained in Larian's game design.

The hag also does not seem to have any connection to the story, to any characters, or events, or anything. And I don't get what people like about the "quest"? You instantly learn that she is a hag. There is a fight, the girl is freed. The game then tries to create a poignant scene because of the dead husband, which falls IMHO completely flat like all scenes in DOS:2 that tried to change the tone from spoof movie to drama, and not just because I was ROFL because I literally kicked the hag's ass just a minute before (if ever a moment in a RPG deserved the phrase "ludo-narrative dissonance", it was this one).

Last edited by TimVanBeek; 27/10/20 09:52 PM.