Originally Posted by Osprey39
Originally Posted by Nyanko
Yesterday, I wanted to save the child. I had an inspiration point and my success chance was 16+, 25%. I reloaded the game 12 times... So yeah, my 23rd attempt was a success on a 25% chance. So I don't know if some players got luckier since the latest patch, but definitely not me.

Here's my question to you. Why did you reload that many times? You get nothing extra for saving her. It only slightly changes the grove interactions, Kagha is still a bitch. Is it just because you just had to win there?

Here's my point. Most of these dialogue choices are flavor only. Some might lead you to getting some minor reward if you succeed and some may lead to unprepared combat if you fail but so what? If you're playing table top D&D and your DM tells you to roll for something and says you failed, do you make them let you have a re-do 23 times? No, nobody would do that so why do you want/expect to do it in this game?

I just think people make way too much of this issue. For me personally, it helps to keep the game fresh and adds replayability factor if things don't happen exactly like they did the previous 10 times I ran through the game. If I fail a dice roll, I just find another way or I write off an opportunity lost. It's not a big deal folks.

No, I am just testing different outcomes and different builds. I am on my 4th playthough and I wanted to check more dialogue options. Just like when you don't recruit Shadowheart and she eventually comes to your camp by herself sort of things.

Last edited by Nyanko; 28/10/20 11:45 AM.