I like and support the principle.

There are two dialogues I experienced where failing in dialogue was not fun.

Just two rare cases. I am not blasting the game as such.

a) Failing to not be controlled by the wounded Mind Flayer was not fun at all. He got up, semi-healed, and did a mind blast cone that wiped my two starting characters. Game over.
- thereafter, frak the dialogue or talking to anyone there : shoot wounded Mind Flayer on sight, period.
- I am not frustrated, forgot it, just went on my merry way, but that dialogue bit is a failure at failing is fun. The wounded Mind Flayer could see us as potential Absolute tools or allies and just walk away.

b) At the windmill, failing the dialogue check led to a fight where my party was in a bad position and got wiped.
- thereafter, I came back, took good positions, and wiped them all on purpose without dialogue. Instead of killing the boss, I made him Sleep, so I could wipe the floor with them all. :P
- Yes, that time I was frustrated and enacted bloody vengeance !
- On the other hand, with a bit of luck, being surprised after that dialogue can lead to an exciting fight where you drop the boss ; or suffer TPK (the goblins lob mucho AOE cocktails if you are in a bad position).

c) The goblin camp accusing you of poisoning them could be a third case, but I kicked their asses, so it felt fine in my case.

Last edited by Baraz; 28/10/20 03:09 PM.