Originally Posted by Magiclaw
Originally Posted by Nezix
Originally Posted by Magiclaw

And another ambush was the
mask servants of the hag in the swamp

Yeah that is tough fight. I'd say it's really important to pay attention to each masked person, and note that they have very different powers / effects based on their name. For example one will like auto-attack you back whenever you hit it in melee, so once you know that you gotta avoid that at all costs wink

I'll pay attention to it. thanks! laugh

Originally Posted by Tzelanit
I don't understand what you're asking of the company. I'm also not sure if this post belongs more in the help section or feedback section because the struggle that you're experiencing is due to your seeming lack of caution.
You're not going to avoid every surprise situation, but most of them can be prepared for to improve your odds. This isn't a game where your carefree wanderlust is rewarded.
And if you're reloading as often as it seems that you are, have you tried, y'know, adjusting your strategy? One reload figuring out the particulars of a fight and then a reload here and there due to bad luck, I could maybe see.
So what help do you want exactly from Larian? Do you want a difficulty slider because you're not learning the mechanics or taking the time to adjust your strategy?
Traps and ambushes are effective because of their surprise elements. That's what makes them traps and ambushes. I don't understand what you're asking for because you've got a lot going on.

Although the post would actually fit better in 'tips and feedback' forums, you completely misunderstood my post. I didn't ask anything from the company. I felt as if my experience with the game is similar to others, and if not, what should I change in my mindset about it. This post is focused purely on vets giving advice for a newbie. I'm not in a stage of criticizing a game I may not yet get, so this isn't a 'Larian fix your game' type of post.

Oh, I guess I somehow misunderstood your title "A plea for Larian games' help" somehow. Apologies.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.