Originally Posted by LoneSky
Originally Posted by Osprey39

1."Table top D&D" is Dungeons & Dragons played around a table (as it originally was) with real people and real dice rolls.

2. The first part of this quote is ridiculous. I don't accept failing at rolls because I "enjoy being beaten". I accept it because we live in a world where the good guys don't always win and some failure is inevitable. It's refreshing to play a game where you don't automatically succeed at lying or trying to persuade NPCs.

3. Well hopefully for you, someone will make a mod called IWIN button and you can never fail another dice roll in the game. You will hit every swing and do maximum damage each time. What glorious fun that will be eh? smile

Thanks for the very detailed answers, had a laugh, but the good kind smile

1. I just mean that never played or saw anyone playing it, so I'm definitely not an expert in D&D

2. I love PvP games and I actually like being beaten in a fair fight, because it's very boring if I win every time. This is just an example (though real) of a situation where one can enjoy losing or "being beaten", because leads to improvement, and becoming better at something one likes to do, is much fun. Your example works as well: could be many other reasons, but what matters is that some people likes failures (again for good reasons)

3. I already enjoy the game as it is, but of course a mod here and there can allow to remove parts I don't like, and also add things I miss. I don't want to change the whole game, unless there can be a way to satisfy everyone (and only mod tools can do that).
Of course I meant all that dice roll stuff about dialogues only, not the fights (dice rolls are fine there).

Unfortunately, text can often mask some of the true meaning of what we are trying to say. I honestly thought when you talked about enjoying being beaten that you were making an allusion to literally being beaten like physically lol. Ah well, I'm not too proud to admit when I am mistaken.

[Linked Image]