Originally Posted by Lightzy
[...]So my advice is, trash that whole system. It works for tabletop, but not here.[...]

Um... To tell the truth, I don't understand why this is upsetting you so much. This is still early access after all, so reloading to try different die roll results is actually a means to find mistakes. Like those two occasions where I did exactly match the DC, but still failed the die roll.

If you dislike it so much, just host the game yourself. As far as I am aware, only the host can save the game during multiplayer, so if it's you, then you can basically force the other players to accept the die rolls.

Finally there's always single player, where you can play the way you like, including taking all the die rolls as they come.

I'd like to note, that a big part of the Baldur's Gate series is replayability, because there are so many things you can do different in a new playthrough. In order to experience those differences in BG3 you will often need different results in die rolls, some of which have pretty high DCs. If you have experienced, what the failure does in your first playthrough and want to know, what a success does on your second one, but fail it again, wouldn't you just reload? I sure would.

Automatically passing isn't something I'd like to see in this game, in fact I think it contradicts your own implied opinion, that players should just "roll" with their result. Why? Because, if you take every result without reloading, you will sometimes fail checks, which are easy for your character. But you will also sometimes succeed on checks, which seemed to be near impossible. That kind of dynamic isn't possible with an ability/skill threshold system.

Qc terxepssrw evi jypp sj aiewipw. Mrjsvq xli uyiir ws xlex wli qmklx wlss xliq eaec. Livi ai ks 'vsyrh xli qypfivvc fywl. Ks, qsroic, KS!