So many things invalid in OPs post
I feel they just want to make D:OS3 and not a true D&D experience with BG3. BG1&2 where great examples of translating the table top to your PC. Sure there were a few things changed here and there, but for the most part it was only to accommodate rules that wouldn't make sense in a video game.
Nope. This is actually closer to the rules as written than both BG1 and BG2. Here is why
-Turn based
-dice based (as in actual rolls—that are displayed)
-skills matter
-correct action economy as per 5e rules (ie 30ft movement, action, bonus action)
You also need to take into account that BG1 and BG2 were both based off of a different edition of D&D (and imo an inferior one, but that's my opinion)
I was frustrated about my Ranger missing most of the time at the start of BG3, buuuuut I was also missing mainly when in caves or dungeons and it took me a bit to realize I was shooting at disadvantage because my human doesnt have darkvision.
Umm yep that’s D&D my friend—not sure if you have ever played it or not but that is exactly rules as written.
Also you complain about luck of the rolls…. I mean really? That’s just luck, you can’t change that.
The other main thing I have read from people that were part of D:OS2 EA, is that Larian wont listen and collaborate with players.
Do you subscribe to the email gazette from Larian? They are already working on implementing changes from feedback in the next patch!
You also mention goblin hit points as being 8—actually in the MM it is displayed as 7 (2d6)—this means it can be 7 (the average) or anywhere from 2-12, also their default AC is 15 due to leather armor and a shield. Yes Larian has modded HP values (inflating them) but that is due to the inclusion of surface effects (which admittedly isn’t rules as written but makes the game more fun and tactical)

Last edited by luciant; 29/10/20 02:57 PM.