Next Thread
Print Thread
#722395 30/10/20 01:36 AM
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
So not sure if there is going to be more voices in the game to choose from. But I found the voices to be somewhat unoriginal. I mean Lae'zel has a unique voice to her. But it just seems that if I wanted to be a dwarf, I should sound like a dwarf and not a elf. I mean even the tieflings sound british and they are from Hell or Avernus. I think just adding a few more interesting options would make it more engaging.

I understand due to budget that they can't hire a bunch of voice actors but I would like if they had more choices.

stranger
stranger
There is already a topic where players are sharing their concerns and opinions about voice sets:

https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=720440#Post720440

old hand
old hand
This is an extra waste of resources that can be spent on quests. Larian can record 100 sets, but the game will contain only the first act and that's it. Are you ready for this?

Thanks to Larian for Baldurs Gate 3 and the reaction to player feedback
Given that the voiced lines for the pc are limited compared to the origin characters I think it would be nice to have a few more sets. It would be an extra investment but I don't think it would necessarily be a poor one. Currently the voice sets sound very similar to each other and there's a lot of character types the voices wouldn't suit. It'd be cool if there were a couple different accent options like Irish, generic American, maybe eastern European.

OneManArmy #722484 30/10/20 04:35 AM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
This is an extra waste of resources that can be spent on quests. Larian can record 100 sets, but the game will contain only the first act and that's it. Are you ready for this?

Are you ready to imagine that Gimli sounds like Legolas? Orlando would play both gimli and legolas but hey, they saved resources enough for longer battles and more scenes! "You have my bow. and my bow"
Are you "hearing" yourself? Or you just dont care and the only way you are planning to play the game is either by female character or elvish male bard at very best. I respect that there are even people who are happy that there is no gender lock for voice sets but that kind of solution suggests at least that we barbarians/dwarfs/brutes deserve an option to select that kind of voice that not only by us suits that kind of race and/or class but more importantly is also implemented to and preserved by any respected movie/video game production such as LOTR, CONAN THE BARBARIAN or even BG 1&2 for instance. I respect that you might want your dwarf sound like a high school cheerleader or your barbarian like distinguished gentleman disgusted by violence. I also respectfully ask - Please dont deny me my idea of the character i want to experience the adventure with. The idea that is influenced by at least 20 years of fantasy in general.
Im a little shocked that it demanded explaination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_O2L1rWHZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1IbRujko-A

Last edited by Hrammr; 30/10/20 06:23 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard