Yeah, it sure is true how most DnDers overestimate their IRL stats smile People saying:'' I have 16 intelligence, I'm above average'' No, above average is 11-12. 16 is borderline genius level, that's like less than 1% of the population. with that said...

Str: 15 I am genuinely stronger than about 95% of people I've met in my life, but there are people that are way stronger than me.
Dex: 8 Below average, I'm the guy who could trip tying my shoes and I'm generaly clumsy. Forget stealth
Con: 16 At least as good as my strength. I don't get sick, ever. Never broken a bone in my body and played contact sports all my life. Been a bouncer for years and shrugged off injuries/hits that would KO most people
Int: 12 I do a lot of mind puzzles and games and am a knowledgeable person, I also have a pretty good memory. Good grades in school also.
Wis: 9 Made some questionnable descisions in my life. If you give me 2 choices, I will usually pick the wrong one.
Cha: 11 Nothing special. I put it slightly above average because I am a teacher and have to speak in front of a group everyday and not everyone can do that. I won't be the guy to rally people though.