Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
pts Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
After getting your eye removed by Volo, you have a strong permanent debuff called "Volo's Treatment" (-1 INT, disadvantage perception, cannot roll crits). However he gives you a magical replacement eye, and when inserted the character says "ah thats better" - however the "Volo's Treatment" effect isn't changed or removed. Seems to me there may be some missing script or effect?

D
old hand
old hand
D
Well its obvious why. Hes a bard not a chirgeon.

Your mistake was believing him 😂

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Demoulius

He's a wizard actually.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Really? All the lore behind him looking for adventure and getting into trouble fooled me I guess 🤣 just as hes trying to write a big epic story and is disregarding information that contradicts it gave off serious bard vibes.

Although granted; I never did dive deeper into his background

-edit-
Sure enough hes a wizard, his wiki page confirms it indeed. His personality has some bardic tropes though. Sure fooled me 😅

Last edited by Demoulius; 31/10/20 12:31 PM.
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Bards can actually be decent healers in 5e

pts Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

Oh i'm aware that probably nothing good comes out of it. But there is no difference between no eye (after operation) and inserting the magic eye, despite the description saying you can actually see with it and it has a magical aura. Also, the character says "Oh thats better" after inserting it.

Since many other things are broken (E.g. the hags hair, or Loviaters blessing) i assume something should happen/change - whether its a good change or a bad change is another question...

D
old hand
old hand
D
Maybe something good comes from it that isent readily apparent? Like maybe it allows you to see through illusions or something?

That said its a horrible debuff. Jezus christ. How did you lose your eye to begin with? The barter from the hag?

journeyman
journeyman
Maybe something good comes from it that isent readily apparent? Like maybe it allows you to see through illusions or something?

That said its a horrible debuff. Jezus christ. How did you lose your eye to begin with? The barter from the hag?

Volo offers to Operate on you.

D
old hand
old hand
D
No I mean, why would he need to operate on you? OP mentioned his eye beeing removed.

K
K
I believe the eye just functions to let you see again, just not as well. Unfortunately the debuff is essentially the same as the one you get if you let Auntie Ethel take your eye. (also you cannot do both eyes. I tried)

D
D
Necroing for patch 3: This is patched, the eye now seems to cancel all debuffs from the operation except -1 to intelligence AND adds +1 to charisma (along with +1 wisdom, which cancels -1 from the operation). So the overall result is -1 intelligence & +1 charisma now. Weird, but might actually be good for warlocks (or people willing to trade int for cha in general).

Last edited by DiDiDi; 06/12/20 08:28 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard