Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Originally Posted by Maldurin
Since Larian implements a lot of references to DOS:2 (ship tutorial, overall story, the way we meet our companions, party lock in act II) i personally see Halsin as a resemblance of Garreth.
I would love to have him as a party member and love his design, but i think he will stay as close friend to the party who chills at your camp - even though he develops an interesting story like Garreth did.

I mean..Halsin(Garreth) is the kind and friendly leader of the Druids Cave (Seekers), you save him from Goblins (Magistern) and bring him back to his people, he joins your camp (ship) crew, has a close friend who was
tempted to the dark - shadow curse guy (jonathan in dos 2).

Thats no criticism though, i do love both characters

I could see a romance with him potentially working like the advisor romances in DA:I where all the development and character moments happen at camp/wherever the base is once the story reaches Baldur's Gate. That said, I'd really prefer it if he was a full playable character.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Nicottia
I don't really see why Halsin would be emotional about Kahga, unless they had a bang I wasn't aware of. laugh

And yeah, dudes have it real bad as of now: a choice between a nymphomaniac or an edgy girl who seems to regret the kiss afterwards. I mean, tough luck.

Oh yeah, there would need to be some relationship between them. I thought it would be just an easy excuse and implementation.
Kagha is a bit of wasted potential I feel like, even with her little secret; but there could be some stuff about her, that is still missing or we could learn in later acts, so who knows.

Rest of the reply as we are getting very OOT - https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=724801#Post724801

“There is only one thing we say to Death:
Not today.”
C
stranger
stranger
C
That scene is not approval bound, I always speak with Zorru the first chance I get, and that scene always triggers, regardless of approval, the only prerequisite for it speaking with Zorru, don't need to use illithid powers (like I mentioned many times, I go out of my way to not use them - unless I'm testing something). But there is also little fun extra line if you trigger that scene AFTER Astarion's grand vampire reveal. What I don't understand is, why we don't get any approval with him during the stargazing, I mean, if can heavily flirt with him for crying out loud, he normally enjoys any flirts, so how come there is no approval? Another thing for Larian to fix. So, like I said, as of now, Astarion has NO APPROVAL bound conversation's whatsoever, which is sad. His stuff is usually triggered by events...

Oh, really? My bad, I was sure it was approval and illithid bound. I hope they add more scenes with him and other companions based on approval in the full release! Feels like a shame to exclude it when they've said they want the BG3 characters and your relation to them to have depth...

Icelyn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Vamathi
Oh yeah, there would need to be some relationship between them. I thought it would be just an easy excuse and implementation.
Kagha is a bit of wasted potential I feel like, even with her little secret; but there could be some stuff about her, that is still missing or we could learn in later acts, so who knows.

Rest of the reply as we are getting very OOT - https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=724801#Post724801

Please no for having Halsin have been in a romantic relationship with Kagha of all people.

A drinks scene with Halsin at the party would be perfect. No need to add drama about past relationships and especially not one with Kagha.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Icelyn

Please no for having Halsin have been in a romantic relationship with Kagha of all people.

A drinks scene with Halsin at the party would be perfect. No need to add drama about past relationships and especially not one with Kagha.

How about...
Let us romance Kagha think?

Her name is a bit funny to me because when I read it in my native tongue her name sounds like '' cake '' in the dialect of the very specific part of the country I am from lol.

D
old hand
old hand
D
I live Halsin as a character. Wouldnt mind seeing him as a conpanion or love interest if they go that route. Noone is forced to follow it after all.

Originally Posted by Icelyn

100% agree. No need for Kagha complication--the current romances are complicated enough. I think Halsin's party camp scene could be more like Shadowheart's, where it's just bonding as setting up the potential romance rather than just sex. It would be nice for female players to have access to a more traditional slow burn romance that just starts out as something sweet and innocent.
Originally Posted by Svalr

How about...
Let us romance Kagha think?

xD I'm always for more options and variety. I think she's awful, but then I think Lae'zel is awful too. But whatever makes people happy.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by pinklily
I think Halsin's party camp scene could be more like Shadowheart's, where it's just bonding as setting up the potential romance rather than just sex. It would be nice for female players to have access to a more traditional slow burn romance that just starts out as something sweet and innocent.

All my +1 are belong to this. Side with the goblins, get wild drow sexy times. Side with the druids, get a romantic walk through the forest with a handsome wood elf. I might leave both Gale and Astarion to their own devices if that was an option.

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by pinklily
I think Halsin's party camp scene could be more like Shadowheart's, where it's just bonding as setting up the potential romance rather than just sex. It would be nice for female players to have access to a more traditional slow burn romance that just starts out as something sweet and innocent.

All my +1 are belong to this. Side with the goblins, get wild drow sexy times. Side with the druids, get a romantic walk through the forest with a handsome wood elf. I might leave both Gale and Astarion to their own devices if that was an option.

For real! I mean, in the DAO and DAI we got a variety of different types of romances and there was at least one sweet and romantic option. I don't need another knight in shining armor (Re: Alistair and Cullen). A kindly druid would be a nice change of pace. I don't think I've seen a romance option like Halsin in a game before. Please, Larian. Hear our pleas lol.

stranger
stranger
I too would like to join the Halsin fan club. He is definitely the most unique elf character I've seen lol. And romance route, yes please. Imagine just chilling with the Bear and hearing him talk about nature stuff in that nice voice while he feeds you weird wild berries and leaves. Hehe

Originally Posted by RedLyrium
I too would like to join the Halsin fan club. He is definitely the most unique elf character I've seen lol. And romance route, yes please. Imagine just chilling with the Bear and hearing him talk about nature stuff in that nice voice while he feeds you weird wild berries and leaves. Hehe

Yessssss that would be so nice! xD Can you imagine the amazing bear hugs he could give with those arms???

Also, your Morrigan avatar is awesome.

P
stranger
stranger
P
They should make him a companion so we can &@*% him.

I made an account just so I could write this.

You were all thinking it.

old hand
old hand
He doesn't need to be a companion for you to kill him Budda

Optimistically Apocalyptic
addict
addict
Halsin is cool. 10/10 would welcome to the party.

veteran
veteran
Yes, he would make a great companion. He is one of my favorite npcs (Alfira is another one, but I doubt, we get two Tiefling companions).

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
I'm a big fan of Halsin and Alfira as companions, and I really hope we'll be able to play with them (without the need for a mod).

Alfira and Karlach are both Tieflings but, one the one hand, Gale, Wyll and Minsc are three humans, and one the other hand, at the time and place where we started our adventure, there were a lot of Tieflings that we met, so it wouldn't be surprising. If we had started the adventure in a Dwarven kingdom, it would have been normal to find more Dwarves companions.

I see thread about Halsin as a companion, I upvote.

Icelyn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Maybe in the next patch!

veteran
Online Confused
veteran
He doesn't have a tadpole so it's unlikely. Tadpoles seem to be the glue keeping companions together, and overriding personal motivation when playing as origin. He also joins party late, which make him barred from being an origin, and as far as I am aware, BG3 is still aimed to be a 4 COOP RPG.

Icelyn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Wormerine
He doesn't have a tadpole so it's unlikely. Tadpoles seem to be the glue keeping companions together, and overriding personal motivation when playing as origin. He also joins party late, which make him barred from being an origin, and as far as I am aware, BG3 is still aimed to be a 4 COOP RPG.
Nonorigin companions would be great. smile I did play a co-op game, and I don't see how nonorigin companions would cause issues with co-op. They would be like any of the origin companions who aren't picked to be played. I usually like to create my own character, anyways.

Last edited by Icelyn; 15/02/21 03:30 PM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard