Originally Posted by Frumpkis
Fast travel can cheese it, but this always works and feels more realistic. It's basically the same mechanism as in Larian's previous DOS2 game, although that had a one-time pickpocket restriction per merchant. and per party member. They should bring that back.

That would be just a band-aid solution to a mechanism which is more an exploit than a feature in Larian games. I feel Larian should do more to balance pickpocketing becoming the easiest way to get rich/powerful fast. Once you understand how the system works, you are pretty much guaranteed success. Besides, success is just a single save scum away.

I'm hoping for more roleplaying moral dilemmas where you can obtain ill-gotten goods, rather than a simple gameplay mechanic. I'm hoping for a hidden reputation system a bit like in the original games. If things start being stolen/disappearing when the party arrives in an area - all of them will be under suspicion even if there is no direct proof. Social skill checks should be made more difficult. Stolen items, depending on rarity, should always have a chance to be recognized when equipped on a companion. I want the possibility a friggin' Flaming Fist squad spawning yelling "I AM THE LAW!" as it proceeds to arrest or attack you or a "crime hunter" squad who investigate larger thefts and where possibly innocents are falsely accused/arrested. Anything but a quick and easy way to be more rich and more powerful as Larian usually opts for.