What I experienced / saw are minautaurs that are beyond CR 4 as they can do a 3-combo attack that hits 100%. In short ...

Attack #1 : supernatural jump that knocks you prone it seems 100 % *
Attack #2 hits 100 % as you are prone
Attack #3 (charge, though zero feet) also hits 100 % as you are still prone (same turn).

* Prone 100 % : Astarion 18 Dex and my main 16 Dex were knocked prone 3X in a row (in all, so seems to be 100%).

Let's ignore that Charge requires 10 feet movement, as a melee attack on a prone character would be worse anyhow.

Now, for others here, I understand you attacked them in a context where you may NOT have suffered that jump-combo of 100% hit for 13-54 damage (1d6 from death-from-above +2d12+4 +2d8+4). Some of you "jumped them" and so faired better.

If they do the 3 attacks I described, following their supernatural jump, they are no longer CR 4.
As for their super jump, I guess they are Absolutes, as the tadpole is the explanation given by Larian Studios for the character's super jump.

That AI also had the following two other "cheats" (capacities that bypass the game systems) ...

CONTEXT : I am behind the Selune gate, which I closed when luring them to it and activated the trap ! I had a whole ambush set for them !

BUT ...
1) Though the trap worked 100 % against my characters even in turn-based they did not trigger when the minautaurs walked on the stairs and jumped about 20 feet upwards on the left-hand guard tower.
My characters doing the same move/jump could never evade the trap.
2) They jumped directly on my characters even if they were both hidden and out of line-of-sight (no line of attack/sight). The first time I thought it could be a coincidence, but a 2nd minautaur jumped *on* Shadowheart (from the tower to the top of the gate) though she was both hidden and out of line-of-sight. I therefore notice they have a radar.

AI : while it is an issue that other mobs become braindead when you hide, the minautaurs here were able to jump directly on my characters even when hidden without any line...

Imagine that my whole ambush set-up using the Selune gate, ironically, screwed me over more than if I had just straight-up attacked them since I suffered minautaurs that were immune to the trap and jumped over the gate directly on my characters. My main was KO on the second attack and therefore lost 2 Death Saves with the third attack, in one turn (so much for my Blade Ward and being out of sight on the gate).

After that strange CR X attack, Laezel (Battlemaster) was able to dispatch them. In normal melee, you can do fine and they have weaknesses (low Dex and Wis).

Last edited by Baraz; 02/11/20 02:03 PM.