Originally Posted by Wormerine
I am generally for player convenience - with Larian's large singular area I think they need some form of fast travel. Just recent I wished Disco Elysium has some feature as soon as the map opened up. I am not sure, however, if I like the rune thing - it doesn't seem to fit.

As to world quick travel - something needs to be there, but I would prefer something more relatable then runes.

Agreed.

The problem is they made a fast travel system that is actually explained in the game by magic teleporting runes.

It would be better not to explain anything. Just change location. Or I would prefer quickly moving a party icon on a map. So that the player can assume they are traveling normally off screen.

It hurts immersion when a player convenience feature is forcefully explained by an actual magical teleport system. Why in the nine hells do you NEED teleport runes in a normal forest??? Why aren't the enemies using these runes to ambush you? Why aren't hook horrors and Duergar coming up from the underdark since it's so easy?

This feature is so clearly made for the player and not for anything actually living in Faerun. It breaks the fourth wall.

Last edited by 1varangian; 04/11/20 03:36 PM.