This reminds me that I've yet to play Alpha Protocol, which sadly isn't available digitally anymore due to licensing rights (music?) frown Dragon Age 2, not so much. The demo gave me early 1990s multimedia/interactive movie vibes. It was like combat, cutscene, combat, cutscene, combat, cutscene -- there wasn't even any exploration or anything in between. It was also the game that made Brent Knowles quit Bioware http://blog.brentknowles.com/2010/0...summer-2009/comment-page-1/#comment-2398 (in general, anybody "hoping" for them to stage a "comeback" is mislead -- it's people making games, not company logos. The amount of people that have quit there is quite something, including the owners. Doesn't mean they'd never make a decent game again, however, they will be of a different mold). Speaking of which, Obsidian have lost talent too (Fenstermaker, Ziets, Avellone, et all).

That's why looking at Bioware, which I haven't followed in ages, I'm more curious about the new studio set up by James Ohlen, a major force behind the original BGs etc. He's set up camp at Archetype together with ex-Bioware staff such as Chad Robertson and their former writer Drew Karpyshyn likewise. That's what Karpyshyn had to say about it.

I’ve been in the video game industry for twenty years now. When I started at BioWare, everything was fresh and exciting. It was a dream job – talented people working together to create epic games like Baldur’s Gate, KOTOR, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. But as we grew and became more successful, things changed. We became more corporate. We were less able to make what we loved, and the teams were pushed to create games based on market research rather than our creative instincts and passions. My dream job became just a job, and I lost the enthusiasm and excitement I once had.

But with Archetype, my passion has been rekindled. The feel in the studio reminds me of my early days at BioWare

http://drewkarpyshyn.com/c/?p=1089

Last edited by Sven_; 05/11/20 10:03 AM.