Originally Posted by Priest

I'm aware of that note of the Forgotten Realms wiki, and it will likely be changed soon if more confirmation comes about the 1492 DR date.
I was asking for the date of "BG:DA", i.e., Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, not BG:DiA. Where in the video game can you find the date for Dark Alliance? Thanks.

The wiki got its facts straight, I have the Descent into Avernus book myself and I can confirm what the wiki says is true in the pages it refers to. That confirmation you are hoping for might turn out differently than you'd expect. Besides, that tollhouse is abandoned, meaning the ledger that said the current year is 1492 DR might be two years old or more. And chances are there might be something in Act 2 or 3 that disproves the 1492 DR date when the game is fully released. Why are you so determined to believe the game's chronology is more important than the chronology established by a source book? People used to say years ago that the novels and sourcebooks are more canon than the games, you know. They used that excuse to claim the Baldur's Gate novels were more canon than the games they are based on.

It has been 15 years since I've played Dark Alliance, so I can't give you a definite answer, but the Forgotten Realms wiki says that the game's story is in 1374 DR in its detailed information about certain characters and locations like the Onyx Tower.

Last edited by BladeDancer; 05/11/20 05:10 PM.