Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I don't understand. When I want to pause the game, I hit spacebar, and suddenly everything around me freezes. Animals stop moving, fire stops spreading, etc. This is not a pause?

Originally Posted by kanisatha
What many others on this forum have said is that it only stops everything in a small radius around your character. In the rest of the game world, time is still running and everything is still moving.

You're both right.
On one hand, no that shouldn't be "good enough". A proper, actual pause would work better in many ways.
On the other hand, in the current state of the game, the fact that forced turn-based mode acts only as pause in a small area is of relatively low relevance, since the entire game world is frozen in time to begin with and the passing hours mean absolutely nothing.
I spent hours with the game alt-tabbed without even entering turn based mode at times because, really, what's the difference? Nothing is going to happen anyway, time doesn't pass, night doesn't fall, characters don't grow tired, etc, etc.

Last edited by Tuco; 06/11/20 11:29 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN