Originally Posted by Ellenhard
"Fun fact: In the game, under the Order of the Gauntlet's makeshift base, there is a tollhouse. If you look at the tollhouse's ledger, it says that the current year is 1492 DR, which would lead you to believe Baldur's Gate 3 is set two years before Baldur's Gate Descent into Avernus. This information contradicts the fact that Descent Into Avernus is a PREQUEL to Baldur's Gate 3. Descent Into Avernus is confirmed to be in 1494 DR! The devs of Baldur's Gate 3 said that we will learn in BG3 what ending of Descent into Avernus is considered canon. How is this possible when technically Baldur's Gate 3 is the prequel to Descent into Avernus? Especially when the tiefling refugees come from Eltruel being returned from Avernus?"

I've noticed that too, and that makes me think there may be more factual mistakes in the book texts in-game and overall storyline, which would require double-checking by Larian before they end Early Access. The whole plot with tieflings looks poorly thought-out, for now - if they are the refugees from the Avernus, why we can't listen to their stories about that time? There are lots of people and lots of stories we should be hearing. That was a major case in their lives. Why Zevlor leads them, if he is a "traitor" Hellrider (Descent into Avernus), or why Zariel remains a fallen angel, in that case? So many small inconsistencies, even at that one plotline.

I don't think at this point Descent into Avernus is prequel, if anything they'll be running concurrently, I'm not too worried about the dates that appear in destroyed tollhouse, I'm just basing this on where the pieces are on the board right now.

We know the Tieflings are from Elturel and Zevlor is a Hellrider, they went into Avernus during the Descent I assumed they'd returned from Avernus because they've said Descent was a prequel but actually I don't know that, they could have been outside the city when it's taken I don't remember what Zevlor says on the matter and are now back (or are going to BG after Elturel was taken), we also know that recently Duke Ravenguard was kidnapped by Absolute Drow, a conspicuously familiar event.

I've never run Descent but I'm an avid reader of thealexandrian blog so I'm pretty familiar with the goings on. I recommend his remix for anyone who likes well thought out worldbuilding and design philosophy.

Last edited by Sozz; 08/11/20 05:14 PM.