Originally Posted by Sozz
Originally Posted by Ellenhard
Originally Posted by Sozz

I don't think at this point Descent into Avernus is prequel, if anything they'll be running concurrently, I'm not too worried about the dates that appear in destroyed tollhouse, I'm just basing this on where the pieces are on the board right now.

We know the Tieflings are from Elturel and Zevlor is a Hellrider, they went into Avernus during the Descent I assumed they'd returned from Avernus because they've said Descent was a prequel but actually I don't know that, they could have been outside the city when it's taken I don't remember what Zevlor says on the matter and are now back (or are going to BG after Elturel was taken), we also know that recently Duke Ravenguard was kidnapped by Absolute Drow, a conspicuously familiar event.

concurrently, so in media res, Elturel was taken, but hasn't returned.

If it isn't a prequel, why the successful check in-game mentions it in the past tense?
How those refugees were able to leave Elturel at all (if it's still chained in Avernus, events running concurrently)?

I'm pretty sure these lines in-game have to be re-looked into by Larian devs in order to give out a finished picture for the player, unlike right now.

Its actually more than that, Zevlor was a Hellrider, but he mentions that all the Tieflings have never seen the night sky before they also mention being from Elturel, so we're talking about a scenario where Elturel was taken, and these guys have been living in Avernus for generations? Time works differently in Avernus so we could be dealing with time moving at different rates on different planes.

That is quite possible, but still doesn't answers a lot of questions which should arise when PC+party, just crashing from Avernus, meet folks who have been there for some time too, and can't even learn their story. It can be explained by "we don't have time, there is a tadpole and we need a cure!", but then every side quest and lore-gathering should be subject to that too.

Not enough consistency in that case with Descent and current whereabouts, imo.