Hehe well that wins for sure! I'll call him macaroni with that feather lol

Yeah I don't know, I'm sure a modeler spent a couple hours making the polished pink and plate from the screenshot. It could be improved with some textures and a different color scheme. Also if the head slot could be hidden, it might look better sans circlet. I just don't like the look of the circlets that I've seen so far, there aren't enough of them or enough styles, I wish I could hide them so they were more like rings. But this is an example of a circlet making someone look particularly silly. If he had a badass helmet on, some of the other elements in the armor might read a bit stronger. Then again maybe its the look they're driving for with that character? Someone who a villainous PC would just instantly chunk for no good reason other than their face "is boring!" As the goblins say hehe

That other illustration looks nice, I'm sure it probably took rather longer to draw. Might be more generic but shows an understanding of how armor functions. But the main reason its better is because of the cloth tunic component. In BG terms it looks like Platemail with white as the Major color and blue for the Minor/Trim color.

Is no one else bummed that we can't choose colors for our outfits?

In BG1/2 you could change your colors from the character sheet and it would automatically apply to the paper doll and the in game avatar.

Ps. Floating weapons are lame. Not having scabbards is a missed opportunity, that's where the flash and flair could go for bladed weapons. But in general I wish they'd have their modelers and animators spend some time on better belts and holsters and such. I wouldn't expect them to go so far as to have us actually stringing a bow, but you know, the little touches can make a big difference. Strapping a mace on the back is just agh

Last edited by Black_Elk; 09/11/20 05:44 AM.