Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Originally Posted by guy
and none of them were forced to be companions.

Yes, there were a few with bad backgrounds. There were more with good backgrounds.

Bg3 so far. All companions have tadpoles. Half dont want anything to do with you.

All railroaded and forced to join you because of tadpole.

Back to the topic of origins.

In my opinion. Better approach is to treat it as bg2 did. Background unlocked through conversation and rp with characters.

Making origins of companions part of the game play? No.

Especially if the plan is to only limited companions.

Instead of spending the resources for that origin play.... use the resources to add more companion, and axe the origin play.

Even if the characters of origin are removed. I doubt we will get more companions.
The number of companions is not a problem, 8 is a good amount (maybe 1 or 2 more will come).
The fact that out of the present companions 3 are evil (although in the case of one can argue), still we get 3 more that are good.

Since larian believes that the mechanics are worth keeping, it means that many players like it.
Deleting it because you don't like it is kinda selfish.

You are kinda one sided on this arent you?

My point is that the way the companion system is NOT good for bg.

It might work for DoS. But here? No.

The devs are using a system that they already used and are familiar with. I dont think it has anything to do with what the player base wants.

What I am saying is that the system, as it stands now, and if it goes the way they seem to be planning it, will not be interesting or engaging.

What I also brought up is that there are different approaches that would work better in this game, with the source material available.

If you want the system the devs are proposing. Fine. Your opinion. But you will also move on quickly after you get bored of the repeat content. It is not a engaging way forward.

Again. Just the title of this game is going to bring people back from decades ago, and the 5e game play will bring in a younger crowd.

Origins is a lick. There is no depth, no meat to it

More companions and companion content is a heartier meal.