IMO, the solo ranger video has plenty of cheese in it. But I agree that what is considered cheese varies from person to person.

I doubt many would argue that usage of obvious bugs that need to be patched like invisible push is cheesing the game. Along those lines, I would argue that the Beastmaster Summon Companion "ritual" is bugged. 5E D&D rules say it should only work once every 8 hours. Right now, it functions like a cantrip making it OP big time. Just hide your ranger and send in an army of giant spiders. I suspect they will eventually fix it so that it works 1 time and then needs to be recharged with a short or long rest.

Is meta-playing cheese? If I know there is an ambush at a certain Villiage because it is my second play-though, is it cheese to drink some potions and prep before walking in? On a secondary playthrough, is it cheese to choose certain stats during character creation because you know there is a stat boosting item early in the campaign? (Solo Ranger also used that one). Probably... but I don't normally consider these things cheese.

For some, anything that deviates from what a reasonable DM would let you do in a table-top game is cheese. Use of unchaining to bypass initiative. Barrelmancy and save/reloading for the sake of avoiding a bad roll. (No really, I pick-pocketed EVERYTHING the merchant had without failing any rolls... honest).

Personally I don't care about cheese. I use it all the time. In fact, I don't want Larian to patch ALL the holes, because I am not a fan of 10 and 20 min battles. Ironincally, I would be happy to let battles play out properly if they were over in say... 30 seconds or a minute. THen I would know if I won or lost and could reload. This is how it was for most of BG2. But once a battle exceeds a certain size (maybe 5 enemies?) I tend to just load a save and figure out how to cheese it because I don't have the patience for a long battle that I may lose. Or maybe my justification is more like this: I did it once the hard way on my first play-through. Now I am going to take shortcuts.

I suspect I am not alone.