Originally Posted by UnknownEvil
Why i said "maintain" instead of concentration is simply a better wording for it. Same as having hits that do no dmg not be called miss. Gives (or takes) a certain feel. When i try to concentrate and fall prone its not easy to keep concentrating. "maintaining" some spell energy sounds more logical but that is only wording.

That makes sense. It does feel like some spells shouldn't require explicit concentration on them.
-I can understand concentration for e.g., Hold Person: you are continually pitting your will against the struggling enemy. You must expend mental effort = concentrate.
-But Protection From Evil and Good would seem more like an "expenditure of energy" type spell, where your continually feeding energy into the spell could be enough.

Alas, "concentration" is what we have, and I'm wary of Larian making changes to spells that do or don't require it.
Originally Posted by UnknownEvil
After all these answers the conclusion is that it is not the concentration in itself that is broken but the way larian has implemented it? And if those aspects, like prone, the annoying ground effects and the way the AI reacts is fixed we will have more fun playing casters and using those spells?

If it comes to that i personally, can live with that. Even if i still don't like it overmuch laugh

Mostly this. Higher-level spells and reduction of losing concentration from prone/ground effects/AI targetting should make concentration feel like a better option.