Originally Posted by gorto

Originally Posted by Sozz

Hedonistic Sybarite centuries old undead vampire doesn't seem like a bad fit for a pansexual

This is exactly the reason i like "herosexuals" in gaming. He doesnt have to be a straight persons idea of a pansexual and he was hopefully not written with that intention.

Originally Posted by Sozz

The second point has a lot to do with why I don't like when this happens in games, if your character is just a cipher to the NPC because they've been written to respond to you and the circumstances of the relationship without regards to any distinguishing attributes then it's very easy for me to see the seams in the writing, different input same output means the input becomes perfunctory, and the relationship is a little more meaningless because of it. If you want to write characters who are bi-sexual that's good but you have to at least address it for it to be at least a little bit believable, instead of what we usually get, people who avoid the topic because they've been written to cater to all of takers.

The situation, your actions and your character are the input for your relationship. In your quote the only "distinguishing attributes" left over to account for are gender, a thing that does not fundamentally change the nature of a romance. You claming a relationship is less meaningful because you could have been a different gender when it happened does not make sense to me.
Also please dont force a "i am a bisexual" line into every characters romance stories....
Ferún seems to be a fictional setting where gender and sexuality are not relevant to society so i dont see why characters would have to "adress their sexuality" when you talk to them.
You're making me conflate an aspect of a relationship with it's totality, which is why I said the relationship is a little more meaningless instead of completely meaningless, I do think gender has an effect on a relationship, it can also not have one, what I want is for that not to be taken for granted.

I'm not sure what "I'm a bisexual" line would be like, it sounds a bit on the nose, but that's most relationships in RPGs so I can see that happening, maybe when the game is released they'll be able to more organically develop relationships throughout the story, instead of it falling on you like a ton of bricks at once.

As for Astarion, I thought it was a little funny but 'a little funny' doesn't hack it these days, I get it.

Last edited by Sozz; 21/11/20 01:41 AM.