Originally Posted by GoldenSphinx
It's a fantasy game. People should be able to romance whoever they want. I love DA, and the idea that there are characters that were explicitly gay, lesbian, and bisexual was nice except that they were stereotypes, Dorian was the flamboyant, sarcastic, drunken fop who had a story about family issues related to his sexuality, Sera couldn't be more lesbian if she tried. There characters wer mostly about their sexuality., but they were there so, cool, but it was MY game- why couldn't I romance the character I found most interesting or appealing? Even the DAI thing would be fine, but in most fantasy worlds you get one gay character if any, the world is somehow devoid of them, and it sucks when they do appear it has to be the same character every time.

It is a FANTASY ROLEPLAYING game. Why wouldn't you allow more people's fantasy and more people's roles. Sexuality doesn't even have to work the same way in that world. Sexuality isn't as simple as some would make it in our world. Fantasy. Roleplaying. Game.

You are aware when we say 'fantasy' for this kind of settings, we are not talking about sexuality, right? Cause your argument doesn't stand by what you want to imply. If it's a fantasy world, it doesn't mean sexuality should be diverse. It means sexuality should be what the creators of the world have chosen for it. There could be fantasy worlds in which sexuality doesn't exist at all, such as we can find in some planar worlds of D&D. Or others in which sexuality is abstract and doesn't involve touching at all.

Besides, as far as I can see it on this forum alone, many players don't care at all about sexuality in this game. And so asking for the most diverse sexual interactions doesn't even interest them in the slightest.

Gygax didn't write in any of his rule books that all the npcs, monsters, gods and trees should be bisexual. And if Larian wants to stay true to the source material, they shouldn't either. Actually, heterosexuality should be the norm.

Last edited by Nyanko; 21/11/20 11:22 AM.