Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Eldath
To me it just seems like he is bitching about the wine and tears everyone down around him like the petty little tyrant as he is. He is trying to be endearing by cutely playing up how he is a bad boy.
Don't get me wrong, Astarion is a bad guy, but I think he is far from irredeemable.

Well, we see it differently.

I think Astarion is one of those who will use your help if you are kind to him, but sooner or later will betray you. I also don't think the source of his evil is just vampirism. And the problem is that it's a CHAOTIC evil, not any other subspecies. This is not a habit. Not an injury. Not a law for him. This is a kind of entertainment, pleasure. In fact, if you try to fix him, you will destroy the basis of his personality.

A lot of people think he's a victim of his master, I think he's always been an asshole. And if that's the case, then fix a 200+ year-old asshole... well, it looks very illogical. For me ofc...

But Yes, this is just my opinion. If they give him an arch of redemption, I just want it to be logical, not just because the fans want it to be.

I think the only way to redeem him is to cure him of vampirism, maybe he doesnt even need a redemption, just a change of heart, I feel like his story is rooted towards Cazador and whatever happens with him will obviously effect the outcome of how Astarion will be in future.

I just have a feeling because we are given either the "heroic" or "villan" option regarding the party, we will have more options like that in future, and it will have a major impact on the companions and their outlook at the end