Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DeNDarK
It is just absurd how even in Act I we see how people died trying to deliver some letters. Why didn't he travel by portal?

How can you know if he didnt ... maybe he traveled to closest known portal, but rest he needed to take on foot.

Originally Posted by DeNDarK
I like the idea with signposts and message - "You traveled for 1 hour".

You cant "travel for 1 hour" in game that have no time ... it simply dont make sence that you spend 1 hour "fast traveling" but no time traveling "usual way" laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
G
stranger
stranger
G
Portals are interdimensional gateways. The players have freekin' interdimensional squids in their heads.

L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by Groo
Portals are interdimensional gateways. The players have freekin' interdimensional squids in their heads.

I don’t see how that’s relevant. Full grown mind flayers can Plane Shift just themselves once per day, not teleport all over the place at will. If your point is that *shrug* it’s fantasy and anything is possible, I would point out that world building and magic without rules and defined limitations leads to weak storytelling and unsatisfying gameplay.

Let’s just recognise that the portals are just a legacy of the waypoint shrines from the DOS games and there are several ways they could be better adapted to 5E and Faerun.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Originally Posted by Groo

I don’t see how that’s relevant. Full grown mind flayers can Plane Shift just themselves once per day, not teleport all over the place at will. If your point is that *shrug* it’s fantasy and anything is possible, I would point out that world building and magic without rules and defined limitations leads to weak storytelling and unsatisfying gameplay.

Let’s just recognise that the portals are just a legacy of the waypoint shrines from the DOS games and there are several ways they could be better adapted to 5E and Faerun.

Shh ! It's the tadpole !

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard