Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
This is indeed a great patch that brings back a tiny bit of optimism for me. (Though, to be clear, I was never among the "feedback is useless" crowd.)

Nor was I and that group was always a minor. Most of the critics want to improve the game -- if they didn't care they would visit some other forum.

Me three. Agree with you both. Good patch, but long way to go for the game to be great. Several major problems still need addressing.

This mostly sums up my feelings as well. However, the cynic in me wants to look at these changes and ask "how many of these are really from player feedback?" Meaning that they weren't already on their to do list.
For example, the party members jump fix, while AWESOME is easily something they would have internally identified before EA.
Some of the other changes are hard to judge (I haven't played this patch yet, may wait for another one first), but here are my rough thoughts:

Highly likelihood that this came from user feedback:
- surface changes
- short rest (I put this here because the effort required for this change would be so minimal, I sort of have to think it wasn't something they wanted prior)

Moderate likelihood that this came from user feedback:
- companion attitudes (the main reason this isn't higher is because I don't know the scope of the changes, very well may be moved up)
- dialog DC checks

Easily could have been on their radar pre-EA:
- party jumping
- rewards for non-violent solutions
- inspiration UI
- spell slots UI

TLDR: I'm very glad for all the changes, and I'm a bit more optimistic that they will actually change some of the really horrid design decisions they've made (see huge thread on height advantage nullifying tons of abilities), but we have to wait and see.

Last edited by Nezix; 04/12/20 04:34 PM.