Originally Posted by starlord7
I wish this was made in the style of Pillars of Eternity II but even more refined. Pillars II was so impressive, imagine what a company who actually understands and respects Baldur's Gate would have achieved.

I'm playing Divinity II, got to Arx and I've lost all interest in playing the game. The mechanics is some of the sloppy and exploitable stuff I've ever seen, but Larian seems to think everything is peachy and they importing nearly all those gaming concepts into Baldur's Gate. But what I really can't stand is the slowness of turn-based combat and how every enemy goes through a slow casting animation, it makes combat frankly unbearable.

Larian, while creative and brilliant, seem totally whimsical to me as if they don't even give a $*** what we think. A lot of the game mechanics in Divinity II are so unnecessary and sadistic, Obsidian had a faaar better understanding of paying homage to Baldur's gate and I would have LOVED RTwP... they deserved to make it, it's all so sad the state of the world these days, no offense meant to Larian but why can't they make a Divinity III with faster combat instead, it's like some executive saw that Divinity gets good reviews on metacritic and they gave it to them based solely on that.

Obsidian can't make a game about NOT killing God to save their lives.
PoE is an overrated, awful, boring game. Combat sucked, the story also sucked, and frankly it's hard to find a game that screws up in both departments but now we have a first.
The only positive thing that PoE accomplished is that it admits that the universe it takes place in is completely and utterly meaningless and has no purpose nor any morality, and you can basically ask Eothas to just end it all.

Obsidian should stick to secular themes, they simply can't handle spiritual themes in a way that's interesting. They basically copy Nietzsche and Hegel and imagine themselves to be original.
Tyranny was superior to PoE in both combat and storytelling, despite it being like a 12 hour game, showcasing that Obsidian can do good stuff, they just seem to loose their mind whenever god and other spiritual themes are featured in a story. Fallout: New Vegas is another gem, but that's an entirely different kind of game.

Last edited by Bruh; 08/12/20 10:18 AM.