Originally Posted by starlord7
I wish this was made in the style of Pillars of Eternity II but even more refined. Pillars II was so impressive, imagine what a company who actually understands and respects Baldur's Gate would have achieved.

I'm playing Divinity II, got to Arx and I've lost all interest in playing the game. The mechanics is some of the sloppy and exploitable stuff I've ever seen, but Larian seems to think everything is peachy and they importing nearly all those gaming concepts into Baldur's Gate. But what I really can't stand is the slowness of turn-based combat and how every enemy goes through a slow casting animation, it makes combat frankly unbearable.

Larian, while creative and brilliant, seem totally whimsical to me as if they don't even give a $*** what we think. A lot of the game mechanics in Divinity II are so unnecessary and sadistic, Obsidian had a faaar better understanding of paying homage to Baldur's gate and I would have LOVED RTwP... they deserved to make it, it's all so sad the state of the world these days, no offense meant to Larian but why can't they make a Divinity III with faster combat instead, it's like some executive saw that Divinity gets good reviews on metacritic and they gave it to them based solely on that.

i dont have a problem with turn-based combat. i thought larian this time would move out of their comfort zone and maybe do something different. but no sadly. it's basically a DOS2 clone. completed EA and i would say i'm terribly disappointed. They basically make a DOS2 game using the DND5e and it turns out worst. Lost the flexibility like in DOS2 and you just keep.. miss.. miss.. miss. Out of the biggest offender would be 4 party character. From earlier Baldur's Gate of 6 reduced down to 4. Game is not fun and often most of the battles are pre-scripted and pre-placed where there are high grounds for you to shove and battles are outrageously unfair and resorting you to abuse barrelmancy.

In all honesty.. Larian is a wrong choice for Baldur's Gate 3. It doesn't have the Baldur's Gate feeling at all. I would have be much happier if they were to be making DOS3 instead and leave BG3 to Obsidian. Sure it seems to look very succesful as Larian is banging on hype and nostalgia. It won't work long term and they can only keep repeating doing the same DOS formula till one day their review will get a low 4/10.