Originally Posted by Seraphael
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Originally Posted by Warlocke
And I’m so happy that WotC didn’t give the game to Obsidian. POE2 was a joyless, humorless game with a sterile, overly balanced rule system that I ultimately found a chore to sit through. I didn’t find the story particularly compelling, either.

DOS2 is one of my newest favorite games of all time, and I’m enjoying the marriage between Divinity and Baldur’s Gate.

Exactly the opposite of my experiences. D:OS was easily the worst RPG I've ever played, and every single aspect of that game was a painful chore, worst of all the horrible world the game is set in.

By contrast, everything about the PoE games was awesome, from the world to the characters to the story. And the best part of those games is the new set of rules they created that are NOT based on D&D/D20, which is one of the worst rulesets for RPGs.

Besides, seems you're admitting BG3 has a lot of D:OS in it, despite all of the many attempts at denial in this forum. wink

Opinions are like assholes...everyone's got them. As for POE2 vs DOS2 there is simply no contest if you move past subjective preferences and *your* obvious fanboyism. Despite Larian being a relative newcomer on the scene, DOS2 outsold POE2, who was a big flop, by a factor of ten or more. DOS2 likewise outperformed POE2 in metacritic scores both from critics and users. When it comes to moral integrity/business model, Larian is a shining beacon compared to Obsidian which pretty much washed their hands of a still buggy game with performance issues, while Larian polished and released an enhanced edition free for game owners.

HAHAHA. Talk about fanboyism. Living in glass houses and all that.