Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

Yup. I used to fiercely defend the name... I just wish they were more willing to do this name justice. I would be far less critical if it was a new IP. I'd just like it, dislike, call it "not a masterpiece, but quite enjoyable" and not fuss over it. But a new instalment in a beloved series is a promise. Unfulfilled in this case.

I have to give a confession at this point. I have not yet bought this Baldurs Gate 3 but reasons for it I wanted it slightly more content and more bugs fixed before I buy. I fully intend to buy it. Therefore I can not judge your verdict not enough Baldurs Gate style.

Here are my analysis guesses at least how they can add more BG feeling a bit:
1. First of Elves can live thousands of years. An elf could live to this Baldurs Gate 3 time. As for none elven races we might meet their relatives next generation. We might find journals and history of old Baldurs Gate events.

2. I am not expert but I suspect BG3 has lots of use environment but more then that. BG 1 if we compare to that had quite a lot of Drama and Action and possible even mild Horror elements (at least the expansion with Werewolf Island was Horror theme and fairly smart shapeshifters they did not all rush the tank no they went for your weak melee characters like smart predators). Baldurs Gate 3 has perhaps a bit more focus on "fun" things and use the environment.

3. A slighty nastier AI... let the players be ambushed by enemies. Players could though try to flee as solution to that.

Well though BG1 had some fun moments example the Paladin and his hamster pet comments…

Last edited by Terminator2020; 10/12/20 04:45 PM.