Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Topgoon
It's not just scaling humanoid parties in BG though. If you're high enough level, monsters are added or replaced, sometimes very powerful ones.
Which, if there was ever a form of "difficulty scaling" that is acceptable from an immersion standpoint, has to be pretty much the best possible solution.

I'm fine with encounters getting more challenging. I'm not fine with having the SAME CREATURES scaled up and down. Consistency is an important part of what makes a setting somewhat believable.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Tuco
I'm fine with encounters getting more challenging. I'm not fine with having the SAME CREATURES scaled up and down. Consistency is an important part of what makes a setting somewhat believable.

Agreed. Adding creatures but keeping them fundamentally statistically consistent is IMO the best way to scale difficulty. Or change them to higher caliber troops/enemies that are internally consistent in the hierarchy of foes.

Bonus point if it's built into the narrative why too (ideally nothing too overt, but subtlely hinted). I.e. if you attacked Base A, Base B of the same faction gets more difficult because they are now expecting you. Or doing quest Y first makes quest X harder because the X now had time to gather reinforcements.

Last edited by Topgoon; 22/12/20 08:00 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard