There is a game timer. It is not implemented for everything though. It is easiest to see on surfaces: hover over a surface and some of them will display a translucent popup with time in it. Fog Cloud, for example, starts at 3600 I think. Ash starts at 600. Fire generated by spells/alcohol/etc. starts at 3 or so. Those numbers are in rounds within combat, and I think they count 6-second intervals outside of combat too. When the timer runs down, the area clears - ice turns to water, fire turns to ash, ash vanishes.

But I definitely believe that it should be implemented for bloodstains and bodies, especially since the underlying mechanism is already implemented. Maybe bodies could attract scavengers and you could start all over... nah, too exploitable. In order to stop player 'lost my loot' rage, the timer on bodies should only start after a player opens the body's inventory. It would probably help save file size/speed too.

Short rest is available in combat?! Oh, new exploit to use. That's a serious party heal available for free - who needs a cleric?

Last edited by RBarbare; 22/12/20 08:56 PM.