I tend to naturally not take too very many long rests because I’d rather be exploring than hanging out at the camp. On my first playthrough that had the consequence of being level 3 before I ever saw the cutscene with Astarion, making his scene at the gypsy hunter’s camp *very* confusing to say the least. So I don’t think it’s too crazy to expect players to do a long rest with a couple of short rests before the next long rest (I like the breakfast/lunch/dinner analogy someone else made), and if you do that, Warlock and Fighter don’t suffer very much on resources, in my opinion. For me, the reasons I have no desire to bring a warlock are:
1. Wyll just comes to you poorly built, IMO so Gale seems a stronger pick. So no NPC warlock.
2. MC Warlock, I’d *love* to have *if* I could run Hexblade. But Hexblade isn’t an option right now, so no PC warlock.
3. Because I am a munchkin at heart, I really wanna run Paladin/Hexblade, but neither of those are options right now, let alone the multiclass. 😂

So I’m perfectly ok with the resting system, and while I haven’t yet had a reason to do multiple long rests in a row, it’s kinda nice knowing if one gets stuck and wants to pull out all the stops, long rest your way to victory. Solasta does a reasonable thing here where the game actually does track time and only let’s you long rest once in a 24-hour period. It’s really no different that BG3 in terms of impact, because if you insist on wanting to long rest, it’ll “pass time” to round out the 24-hours and then let you long rest, which changes the feeling of the impact of resting without actually changing the results (because while it tracks time, there are no consequences to time passing). The lenient long rest rules are also useful given the absence of difficulty settings in the event someone gets stuck, they can sort of artificially lower difficulty by long resting every fight or whatever. But I really don’t feel like the game has to force the issue one way or another. If they (or modders) were able to add customization on resting rules, that’d be ideal, but the current system works well enough as far as I am concerned.

TL;DR - for me, the problem with Warlock’s are down to available build options being basically the least interesting subclass and class features, not really bothered at all by the short-vs-long rest resource differences (how you choose to balance short vs long rests will favor different classes, D&D 5e isn’t perfectly balanced on tabletop even, nor does it need to be).