Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I believe that your character "have heard of no reason" is a good thing ...
Since not everything need to be told specificly, people should be able to read between lines, observe the world around them and make decisions based on what they see, hear, or believe ... i dont really need to see every tiny option to be highlihted and provided with enough encouraging to try it ... i have option, now its up to me if i use it or not, or why i use it or not.

My characters have found multiple reasons to join the absolute ... that dont mean that your characters are wrong, they simply dont fit to this kind of story, simmilar as mine dont fit to yours. I dont see that as problem, its just variety. :-/

You say what we can gather info ... but you seem to forget few things:
- we also can gather the fact, that the Absolute is promising better life for Drows, Duegars, Goblins, and other "evil" races ...
- we also can observe the fact, that every one of "important" people in this cult is tadpoled ... but they dont know it, we do, that gives us advantage ... also the same observation reveals to our character that reversed, it means that every tadpoled person in this cult, do have important role ... so logicaly, if we join them, we are starting between upper class ...
- we can also observe that none of those people is showing any sighns of health problems, or transformation ... so we can presume that they either have found a cure, or that our condition is not as crittical as it may seem ...
- and last but certainly not least, the best place to figure out what is happening with those tadpoles ... is logicaly place, where people do have tadpoles ... or if not best, its at least better than place where nobody knows what is happening to you, nobody ever seen anything like it, and everyone who will find out what happened to you will try to kill you on sight. laugh

So i believe there is enough clues, you just dont have them served on silver plate ... and i like it to be honest ... i dont want to be pulled by hand, stick to the road every single step, i want option to rebel and go another way, now i have it ... and if there will be reasoning and encouraging added, i will loose it, since instead of have feeling that i have found hidden route, i shall stand on illuminated intersection with detailed signs. frown

You make a valid point here, but I feel as though the main problem is that they give you a lot of implicit hints as to why you would want to side with the Absolute, but the way the game gives you information is uneven. They give you a clear and obvious problem; the tadpoles in your head that will effectively kill you in a limited span of time. Then they give you one obvious solution; the Githyanki creche. I assumed this was supposed to be the main questline because it's so clear and directly attatched to a companion. Then they give you another direct solution; Halsin the druid. Then you have the Absolute and they give you a bunch of implied reasons while also making your initial encounters with the group hostile, as well as giving you a bunch of missions-including one from a companion-that have you thinking they're the area's main enemy, so it's likely you're going to be coming to them negatively from the start. And between having several clear reasons to go against them or otherwise ignore them, having no reason to think that the Absolute isn't some sort of Mindflayer trap-I assumed so and it didn't cross my mind that it might not be the case until I read people thinking that here on the forums-and at no point getting a concrete incentive to work with them-in fact if you side with them I believe you lose Wynn, so that's an active disinsentive-it makes justifying siding with them hard.

I strongly agree that the game needs to give at least one clear justification as to why the Absolute is a viable option. Maybe the entity in your dream can say that she's something other than a Mindflayer, or mention that she can keep you safe from the transformation, just as an idea. I do like that there's apparently a lot of stuff that can be inferred, but when the other options are THAT obvious, and this is apparently meant to be another main path, you can't just leave it up to the player to infer things and you have to give them at least one concrete point that they can latch onto and build logically from there. Because as it stands that path is all a bunch of "what if's" and "probably's" that rely on the character taking a lot on faith.