Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by fylimar
I don't think it'S good form to bash another game, just because we want 'our' game to be GOTY. From what I've heard, Starfield seems to be well enough and the people waiting for it, seem to have as much fan with it as we do with BG3.

So we should never criticize anything? Just sit still and don't complain. Be a good boy, never speak up? Why should we not criticise other games?

No, hard disagree. People need to practice ways to be critical that are effective, especially these days. Critical voices have real value in this world, and you should always practice using that voice.

Well, this is a BG3 forum, there is a general forum with threads for non-Larian games. Or maybe go to a Starfield forum and offer the critisism there, that could actually help. I don't think, bashing a Bethesda game in a Larian forum is good form or will change anything, because it is highly unlikely that someone, who could change something about it, would read it here. Offering constructive critisism in the Bethesda forum might be the right way.
SO yeah, I agree that you absolutely can critisise stuff, but do it, where the people responsible can read it and react.

I disagree.

I think it would be bad form for Larian to post something bad about another game, but we're all consumers here. And this is a more than fitting topic, considering current speculation about who is going to win GotY. Being that Starfield has been known as sort of *the* competition, comparisons are not only inevitable, but warranted.

It's also tangentially about the future of the gaming industry as a whole, and that requires a level of critical language.