Originally Posted by Madscientist
The current resting system is far from perfect, but I think switching to a cool down system would make it worse, not better.
I wish WotC has actually told them to "stay true to the 5E game mechanics".
My suggestion would be that you either have to set up a camp at your current location ( with the danger of being attacked )or you have to walk back to the camp ( or a fast travel point ) if you want to rest.
I wish the camp was a normal place in the world, not a place where you can only get via spontanous teleportation.

I play pathfinder Kingmaker at the moment. So far I think it is the best spiritual successor of BG2.
We need large dungeons and better exploration in BG3.
BG3 is very good in many things, but it feels like a theme park where everything is cramped together. There are several places that are made as a stage for an epic encounter. But it also means there are several different areas very close to each other. So the goblins have problems to find the druid grove when it takes only a minute to walk there?

Yes this +1

It felt so weird in DOS2 that even the biggest area (Reaper's Coast) felt so cramped and ... compact.

In BG1 when you have to save Dynaheir (or go kill her), you have to travel across several maps to find a way to the Gnoll Fortress. That felt like a journey and an adventure!